Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Five Lovely Tasks

Task 1:


  1. new / old
  2.  old / young
  3.  weak / strong 
  4.  rich / poor
  5. black / white


Task 2:


  1. Battle= fight
  2. Terror=  fear
  3. Beloved=  dear
  4. Wish=  hope  


Task 3:

Four new vocabulary for you and put them in sentences of your ow
  1. Heedless: I start running, heedless of the rain and ice.
  2. Strike:They strike for higher pay. 
  3. Blazing: I saw her with a blazing gold medal.
  4. Apparel:There are so many choice for formal apparel.

Two pieces of information that you have learned from this song
  1. To "deck the halls" means to decorate. In this case, they are decorating for Christmas. A bough is a branch, so they are hanging up branches of holly.
  2. The Yule log was the wood from the largest tree near the village that could be found. Yule originated in Scandinavia where it is extremely cold and dark; as such, the 12 days of Yule (later 12 days of Christmas) were the 12 days when there was no sunlight around the winter solstice. Each spark from the Yule log supposedly foretold each new life (livestock and whatnot) that would be born in the village in the New Year. The holiday of Yule and the Yule log are pagan in origin and the holiday, as with most winter solstice holidays, is meant to celebrate hope during the darkest time of the year.

Write a short paragraph explaining why you think this song is very good and suitable for this season.

I think this song is very good because it make me happy and give me very good feeling about my first Christmas and when I understood the  meaning of it, I like it more and more . My son and I practice the song together because of  we have same song as a homework.

Task 5:
How did you find your last job?
Your resume
Cover letter
 Job searching
Tell me about yourself
Start with Volunteering
Adult school-coop program
Feel shy in interview
Good speaking about your field
What kind of job are good for you?
Speak clearly

No comments:

Post a Comment