Friday, October 24, 2014

Culture Shock

Culture Shock is a term used to describe the anxiety produced when a person moves to a completely new environment. The feeling of culture shock can usually set in after the first few weeks of arriving in a new country. Some of these symptoms: irritability, headaches or stomach aches, overly concerned with health, easily tired, loneliness, hopelessness, distrust of hosts, withdrawal from people and activities, painful homesickness, lowered work performance.

I have been had this process to. These are some of my culture shocks in this 5 month:

The first stage, I encountered the new things In Canada. Everything’s are wonderful. I was curious to find new things .These were taking the bus or going to a restaurant
After two months I entered the second stage, I encountered some difficulties or simple differences in my daily routine. For example, communication problems such as not being understood, food, attitude, and customs, these things got me bad feeling. I felt of discontent, impatience, anger, sadness, and a feeling of incompetence. This happens when I was trying to adapt to a new culture that is very different from my own.

Now I am in this stage. Sometimes I think what I am doing in Canada or I think is that right I moved in Canada or that is better come back to my country.
For this problem I try to compose myself and preoccupation to another thing for example I play with my son and I think I am here to improve my life.

Mahsa payandenia

 Edit by Mahsan & Jamshid

No comments:

Post a Comment